Saturday 7 July 2012

Nothing deep or spiritual to write about today- just shameless showing off of some of pretty things around my new house.

I recently learned to crochet. I made a giant granny square and stitched it to a pink, polka dot cushion. I'm gradually covering it in buttons, knitted flowers and badges. I'm pretty proud of the result- particularly next to a coordinated baby.



I made a whole load of these verse cards ages ago. I thought I'd string some together with some beads and hang it at our front door. What better way to greet people to your house.


I always thought decoupage was a bit naff, but I've recently developed a liking for it. Here's my decoupaged door number- which I've also used bits of my verse cards on. Holy door numbers? That could work.


I got these letters for Ruby's door from a shop called 'Art For Art's Sake' in Muswell Hill. I think they're just die cut from old greetings card. I would've made them myself- but as they were only 40p each- thought I'd take the easy option.



Fran is one of bestest friends in the world. She bought this Belle and Boo picture for Ruby when she was born. I love it because it looks like I did when I was little- I think Ruby will probably look like it too. It matches her room perfectly. Only someone that knows me really well would know to get this.


I bought these little canvases from Dunelm Mill. I thought they looked great againt Ruby's brown polka dot wallpaper. You may have noticed I have a really childish sense of taste. I had pirate and princess bed covers until I got married- not the norm for a 23 year old I know. Having a little girl has enabled me satify my love for children's accessories without seeming wierd- phew!



It was quite a novelty having to buy two Father's Day cards this year- one for my dad and one for Ruby's daddy. This one was hand screenprinted by Alison Hardcastle, which I bought at Love 13.


I painted this gnome from Zebra Ceramics, where I worked before I had Ruby. I also did prints of Ruby's feet here when she was 4 weeks old.




I've just started making these button pendants. I wear this one of Ruby all the time. I'm working on a whole range of them at the moment- so watch this space.


I love this Graham & Brown wallpaper! I've used it in my little work room. I've been meaning to put something in the frames- but haven't had the time or courage to do so yet.


I've knitted since my nan taught me when I was little, but I only recently learnt to follow a pattern to make clothes. I am very proud of this cardie I knitted for Ruby. I decided the rabbit would probably stay more still than Ruby would.


I found the little chair in my in-laws' loft. It must have belonged to Ruby's cousins when they were small.

No comments:

Post a Comment