Sunday 20 January 2013

Dedication Day


On Christmas day 2011, I was in the depths of depression and could barely force my dinner down. Thankfully, Ruby was too tiny to have any recollection of this, but that day I set myself two targets.

1. That the following December, Steve and I would host Christmas dinner at our house. First target achieved. We hosted Christmas for both our families- with minimal stress and no food poisoning!

2. That when we dedicated Ruby, I would share my story to the whole church, of how God delivered me from depression. Well today, this second target was achieved! Thank you God!

I am far from a public speaker. I have been known to run out of a room in floods of tears to avoid speaking to a just a small group of people. So the fact that I managed to stand in view of the whole church  (without passing out) was testament itself to the transforming power of God!

What an emotionally charged day!

                  
                   Unfortunately, you can't actually see Ruby's face here,
as she's too interested in the big screen behind her- the same applies to Daddy!



Photo: Print
 
We hardly got any photos of the day- too busy enjoying it I suppose.
But here is Ruby taking it easy in her book box, after a long, tiring day
 
Photo






 















No comments:

Post a Comment