Monday 2 April 2012

Why am I starting this blog?

I have been meaning to start blogging for ages- but what with having a baby, refurbishing a house, moving into the house and having a bout of depression, I never quite got around to it. So this is me getting around to it.

In my last weeks of pregnancy, when I was too fat and too uncomfortable to do anything but sit on the sofa- I re-discovered the Internet. I know the web can be used for some pretty unwholesome things but I really believe it to be a real blessing for many reasons.

Twitter provided me with snippets of encouragement when I was feeling scared and a bit lonely waiting for my baby to arrive.

Facebook put me in touch with people that had gone through the same season of life and could encourage and advice me. As well as allowing me to nose through other people's photos and see what people were up to.

At the beginning stages of labour, Steve was sent home by the midwives and I was left in hospital feeling vulnerable and self pitying. I never thought I would be the type to put labour updates on facebook, but doing so supplied me with a barrage of messages of encouragement and immediately got people praying. Thank goodness for smart phones!

Another thing I discovered was blogging. A world of other creative ladies talking about the stuff they'd made- inspiring me to get back to one of biggest loves in life- making stuff.

I found other blogs where women spoke of the imperfections of life and how God had got them through some horrendous situations.

So I started this blog to let people know my story. To show people what God has done in my life. To show people what I've been making and maybe persuade them to buy some of my goodies or inspire them to make something themselves. To be a witness to the fact that the life of a Christian is anything but perfect, but that God will work everything for your good anyway.

I would also love to put other people's testimonies on here. If you have a good story of how God has worked in your life or how God has used your creative skills please email me. lovepraymake@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment